Start of main content
- Quick search
- Free text search for a single term (keyword) or a phrase.
- Advanced search
- Offers multiple options to refine your search strategy. Tailor your search based on a set of given Inspec search fields, a range of dates, by document type, or language.
- Search operator: " "
- Quotation marks are to be used around keywords or phrases for Inspec Direct to return exact matches
- Search operator: AND, OR, NOT
- Boolean operators are supported (must be entered in capitalised letters) for refining or more complex searches.
- Search operator: *
- An asterisk (*) serves as a wildcard/truncation symbol to look up variants of words.
- Search operator: ?
- The ? serves as a wildcard/truncation to replace a single character where that character may vary, for example: WOM?N to find Women or Woman.
- The colon ( : ) operator is used for fielded searching in Inspec Direct together with specific Inspec field codes in the Quick search.
- Highlighted search results
- Keywords and phrases searched are highlighted for convenience in the search results. The exception is wildcard (truncation) search terms that are not highlighted in the search results.
- In application help
- Targeted help topics are available within the user interface for both Quick search and Advanced search. Look for the text “Show help” next to the search boxes.
- Download results
- A whole (single) page of results or all results of a search can be downloaded. The format of the downloaded file is .txt.